Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freeing up Storage on Mac Book Pro?

For some reason it appears all the 4K videos I have shot with my iPhone 6S have been downloading via the cloud onto my macbook pro? I do not want them to actually store on my Mac Book Pro memory as it is eating up almost all my memory. How do I get them off the macbook pro without deleting them from the iPhone and iCloud? How do I prevent future videos from consuming my storage on my macbook pro?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 7:27 AM

3 replies

Nov 26, 2015 8:45 AM in response to Andrew Wolczyk

Thanks Andrew, can you elaborate? So if I go into iCloud, are you saying for me to go into "photos" and then do what turn off iCloud photo library?

I want to have all my videos and pictures I take on my iPhone to automatically go to the cloud, and be accessible across all my devices, I just don't want them to download and consume storage on any of those devices, is there any way to accomplish having access to them via the cloud and seeing them out in the cloud without them actually downloading and using the storage space on my other devices?

Thanks

Freeing up Storage on Mac Book Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.