Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto keeps wanting to import same 202 "New Photos" which are already in my library

Every time I connect my iPhone 6 running the most recent IOS upgrade , it says there are 202 new photos to sync to my Macbook. But these shots already exist ( and have for years) in my library and show up in my albums already. If I choose to upload them again, the next time I connect my iPhone 6, the same 202 shots show as new and do I want to upload them. I have repeated this 3 times with the same result.

Also as an aside, when I try to upload to my Mac, the box "DELETE FROM PHONE AFTER UPLOADING" is not visible anywhere as an option.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:27 AM

8 replies

Nov 26, 2015 6:39 AM in response to Cleogreeneyes

Also as an aside, when I try to upload to my Mac, the box "DELETE FROM PHONE AFTER UPLOADING" is not visible anywhere as an option.

Are you using iCloud Photo Library on the iPhone? Then the option to delete from the iPhone after importing is not available. If you are using iCloud Photo Library, the photos are stored in iCloud and not on the device, and so there would be nothing to delete from the device.

Importing via USB connection does not work well, if you are syncing your libraries with iCloud. Most of the photos will already have been imported from iCloud, but the duplicate detection is problematic, because the iPhone may be storing optimized versions, that are not exact duplicates of the photos on the mac.

Nov 26, 2015 8:17 AM in response to Cleogreeneyes

I meant - do you delete the photos from your Mac after you import them a second time? It is clear, that the Mac cannot delete them from the iPhone, if you are using iCloud Photo Library. But if you import them a second time from the iPhone, because they are showing as new, and then delete them from the Mac as redundant, they will show again as new at the next Import, because they are no longer on the Mac.

Nov 26, 2015 9:09 AM in response to léonie

I just tried to upload ALL NEW PHOTOS again to capture the 200 shots. They come up in LAST IMPORT in iPhoto but some are duplicates and the LAST IMPORT dates are listed as a starting in Aug 2003 to July 8,2015, which is also odd as I didn't have a Mac until 2010. I did not delete them from my MacBook. I disconnect my iPhone and then reconnect it to my Macbook. Under IMPORT / iPhone 6, iPhoto now shows under NEW to import, the the exact same 200 shots and also includes 6 brand new shots I just took 10 mins ago and uploaded separately to the Macbook. It also shows those 200 as well as the 6 shots as part of the 1660 ALREADY Imported

I just looked under PHOTOS (MOMENTS) and the new 6 shots are duplicated but if I look under ALBUMS (All Photos) they are not duplicated.

If I go through the whole process again, the same thing happens.. so somewhere the iPhone or the Mac or iPhoto on the Mac is not recognizing that it has already uploaded the photos.

iPhoto keeps wanting to import same 202 "New Photos" which are already in my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.