Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nickname reset to no nickname

I would like to know the steps necessary to remove a nickname entry in my account profile.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:11 AM

3 replies

Nov 28, 2015 8:22 AM in response to brenden dv

brenden dv,

Thanks for the reply, I understand your lack of clarity for the problem. I'm new to this. I had entered page through iTunes help. Not sure which forum to post within. Developers seemed most intuitive.

What I want to do is reset the Nickname for the account profile to a blank field. It seems once there is a value for the field it cannot be undone. Or at least I am unable to accomplish it.

Again, Thanks.

Nov 27, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Greying_Owl

Hi Greying_Owl,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone. I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of the issue you are describing, but if you are talking about the Nickname field in Contacts (either your contact or another person's), you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

About Nicknames

Contacts are listed with First, Last, and Company fields, but you can add a Nickname field. If you have Prefer Nicknames on and the contact has a nickname, you'll see the nickname entry.

To add a nickname, follow these steps:

1. Open the Phone app and tap Contacts.
  2. Tap the contact you want to view, then tap Edit.
  3. Scroll down and tap add field > Nickname.
  4. Add a nickname and tap Done.

To remove a nickname, follow these steps:

1. Open the Phone app and tap Contacts.
  2. Tap the contact you want to view, then tap Edit.
  3. Delete the Nickname field.
  4. Tap Done.

About Short Name on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Nickname reset to no nickname

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.