Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Library

Before using iCloud Photo Library, I would back up all my photo and videos through iPhoto on my Mac Air and through an external hard drive. It was easy because I would back up all my photos to my EHD and then delete my photos I didn't want on my phone knowing they were still on my EHD.

When I switched to putting everything in iCloud Photo Library and paying for extra storage in the cloud, I can't figure out how to back up my iPhoto library to my external hard drive.

How do you still back up everything so if I delete something from my iPhone, it's still saved on my external hard drive?

Also, I though that using iCloud Photo Library would free up more space on my phone. But I'm still using 25+GB in my photo storage. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you for your help!

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), iPhone 6S Plus 64GB

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:44 AM

1 reply

iPhoto Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.