Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic is hung playing tune from yamaha RX how do I get it back. Display shows a apple but will not close pwr off or reset. Anyone have any idea how to clear the problem?

My iPod classic is no longer working it is the 160GB model with latest IOS. I was using it to play music thru my Yamaha receiver when I powered off the Yamaha while it was still connected to the iPod. Now the iPod will not accept any input and has no display. Tried hooking it back up to the stereo and doing a power up. I also attempted to reset iPod with the slide lock back and forth and holding the play and menu for 10 sec or more also no joy. Anyone have any ideas?

iPod classic, Other OS

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 3:03 AM

If the iPod is "stuck", then do not leave it plugged into power. All that will do is keep it "stuck doing whatever it can't do". Unplug it and leave it to one side, eventually the battery will run down. Once it's fully run down, recharging it should also reset it.

• So, if the display is permanently on, just leave the iPod until the battery runs down and the display goes bank. Don't sit there waiting and then plug it in the second the display turns off, all that will do is keep the iPod stuck doing whatever it's trying to do. Leave it for at least two days. Only then should you plug it into power to recharge.
  • If the display is already blank, but you can get no response from the iPod, leave it for another 24 hours and the plug it into power to recharge the battery.

When the battery is fully drained and you plug the iPod into power, there will be no response from the iPod for anything up to thirty minutes. After that, the iPod will begin to reset. Let it do its thing. In fact, leave the iPod until it is fully charged before trying to use it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2015 3:03 AM in response to markfromsun city

If the iPod is "stuck", then do not leave it plugged into power. All that will do is keep it "stuck doing whatever it can't do". Unplug it and leave it to one side, eventually the battery will run down. Once it's fully run down, recharging it should also reset it.

• So, if the display is permanently on, just leave the iPod until the battery runs down and the display goes bank. Don't sit there waiting and then plug it in the second the display turns off, all that will do is keep the iPod stuck doing whatever it's trying to do. Leave it for at least two days. Only then should you plug it into power to recharge.
  • If the display is already blank, but you can get no response from the iPod, leave it for another 24 hours and the plug it into power to recharge the battery.

When the battery is fully drained and you plug the iPod into power, there will be no response from the iPod for anything up to thirty minutes. After that, the iPod will begin to reset. Let it do its thing. In fact, leave the iPod until it is fully charged before trying to use it.

iPod classic is hung playing tune from yamaha RX how do I get it back. Display shows a apple but will not close pwr off or reset. Anyone have any idea how to clear the problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.