Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe 2 suddenly doesn't work but is still under warranty

Good Day! I would like to inquire regarding the warranty of the MagSafe 2 charger. The unit I am using was bought in UK and is now here in the Philippines. Upon using it a couple of times already, the charger suddenly didn't work. I'd like to know if it is still covered in warranty. I want to know if I can have it replaced since it is still under warranty. Furthermore, I have already bought another charger which costs 4k and I wanted to request a refund. Thank you!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:48 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 8:16 AM in response to ngik06

The way to get your power adapter replaced under warranty is to present all your equipment at an appointment at the genius Bar at an Apple store, or the equivalent at an Apple-Authorized Service provider.

The warranty on the Power adapter follows your MacBook's warranty (except that the power adapters have date codes to keep you from presenting a very old one as if it were new.)

I do not know if they will refund the one you bought, but I suggest you keep it for emergency use. You have already seen how valuable it can be if the other one is not available.

MagSafe 2 suddenly doesn't work but is still under warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.