Related Article: Make purchases using Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add my HSBC debit card to Apple Pay

I have an iPhone 6s and when adding an HSBC card to Apple Pay Wallet it says "Your issuer does not yet offer support for this card" (screenshot enclosed). However HSBC in UK are on the list and I have spoken to them to confirm this too. The card is relatively new and I use it for contactless payments all the time.

My card is not linked to my iTunes account, but that shouldn't be a problem so I'm told. It scans in ok. Only when submitting the information does it throw up the error. I'm on iOS 9.1 on an iPhone 6s.

The Apple store could not help me and told me to speak to HSBC. Now HSBC say it should work.

Anyone experienced anything similar? How did you get it to work?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:37 AM

Hi

Whilst HSBC in the UK is a participating bank for Apple Pay, not all cards issued by HSBC will necessarily be "supported cards". To check whether your card is supported, visit the webpage below and click on "Check Eligible Cards", which is part of the answer to "Which HSBC Credit or Debit cards can I use with Apple Pay?":

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/apple-pay/faqs

At the time of writing, the list is:

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 6:37 AM in response to rmlalchan

Hi

Whilst HSBC in the UK is a participating bank for Apple Pay, not all cards issued by HSBC will necessarily be "supported cards". To check whether your card is supported, visit the webpage below and click on "Check Eligible Cards", which is part of the answer to "Which HSBC Credit or Debit cards can I use with Apple Pay?":

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/apple-pay/faqs

At the time of writing, the list is:

User uploaded file

Unable to add my HSBC debit card to Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.