Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4 Remote TOO fragile for use

This is more of a complaint than a suggestion. I have been an avid fan of Apple for about 10 years now (since Iphone 2). I have had every Iphone since then, and have also had every Ipad since Ipad came out. So I now have an Iphone 6, and an Apple Ipad Air 2, I even converted my girlfriend to an ipad mini and Iphone 6, from the dreaded BB. I also have enjoyed many hours on my Apple TV 3, and decided to get it replaced with the Apple TV 4. I was so impressed with it that I bought a second one 2 days later (monday this week) via the Istore, and it was delivered Tuesday afternoon.

Little did I know, (untill researching last night after the incident) that the Apple TV 4 remote is so fragile (I now know it is made out of glass), that it breaks if it drops 40 cm onto the floor... There was no warning labels that came with the Apple TV, and as far as I knew it was made out of aluminum. Sure the top is shiney, I thought this was just hard plastic... I am deeply dissapointed with this, and when contacting Apple support in South Africa, I was told to replace it at my own cost, and they recommended I purchase the arm band... Now I am not sure how the rest of the world works, but for me I feel a bit uncomfortable sitting and watching tv with a remote "arm banded" to my wrist, for a few hours every night... I mean I have dropped my Apple TV 3 remote many times, without any issues, and it still works perfectly. What astounds me most of all is that Apple suggests that the apple TV is more inclined now for gaming... Who in their right mind will let their kids play with a remote that costs R1299.00 (more than an apple tv 3), and is so fragile that one drop rendors the remote useless... A sturdy PS3 remote costs half the price, and I have dropped that quite a few times as well... I am now too scared to even use the other remote, and I have packed it away in the cupboard... So now using the Apple TV 3 remote instead. I now have to wait for the "Apple TV Remote Cover" to become available before even thinking about using the full functionality of my remote.

Apple u guys dropped the ball on this one, many years of support, and the first time I complain (having only used the remote for 2 days, and no warning stickers to even let me know how fragile this thing even is), and then I get told to just buy a new one, and purchase an armband as well, and walk around half my life with a remote strapped to my arm!

Give me an apple watch for free, and the "apple remote app" that works on the apple tv 4 instead, and we call it a day!

Apple TV, tvOS 9.0.1, null

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 7:28 AM

This is a user forum - Apple is not here. You can send feedback to them http://www.apple.com/feedback/

2 replies

Apple TV 4 Remote TOO fragile for use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.