Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 2011 15" randomly shuts down error 0x0000000 and three low tones while trying to start up occasionally

My macbook pro 2011 15" has recently began to have issues. It is running osx yosemite. As it said above it will randomly shut down or freeze then shut down. Upon reboot it tells me it is error 0x0000000 a kernel panic. Along with that it will occasionally refuse to boot up and give three low tones repeatedly. When i looked it up it said that the low tones were caused by a ram error, so i replaced the 4gb of ram with 16gb of brand new crucial ram yet this error still continues. Please Help 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 9:10 AM

Are you sure the new RAM is mac compatible? With the new RAM are you still getting the three beeps only, or are you able to boot with random shut downs?

2 replies

Nov 26, 2015 9:15 AM in response to Andrew Wolczyk

When I brought it by the Apple Store they did confirm that the ram was compatible. I am able to boot with random kernel panic shutdowns but also sometimes gives the three tones during use then also shut down and not boot up. the drive has been wiped so it can't be an incompatible program. Is it possible that it may need a logic board replacement?

macbook pro 2011 15" randomly shuts down error 0x0000000 and three low tones while trying to start up occasionally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.