Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do any Mice work with iPad Pro?

I was told by an Apple tech rep that she has a Blue Tooth mouse that works with her Air 2. I have an Air 2 & Pro and both old & new Apple mice but neither will link with the iPad Pro.

Has anyone found a mouse that works with an iPad Pro?

Sorry Apple but IMHO the Pro really needs a mouse. 😢

The ability to use a mouse will really affect my satisfaction with the Pro.

Note: I love the backlit Logictech Keyboard/Case.

The Pen is weeks away so I have no idea how well it will replace a mouse but I am very doubtfut.

Thanks

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 8:51 AM

15 replies

Jun 6, 2017 7:01 AM in response to Michael Black

The mouse feature would never be for an IOS app. It would be for Remote Desktop where people can log in to their mac where... it uses a mouse and remote desktop in to a windows pc where... it also uses a mouse. There are many IT people who remote in to their servers all the time and they end up using an inexpensive android tablet because it allows them to use a mouse, or they carry around a laptop. Most professionals in IT would prefer having the quality, oomph, battery life, and other features that the iPad pro has and with mouse support, would be able to manage pc's and servers along with mac desktops at home. Mouse support is actually baked in the IOS which is why people jailbreak the iPad to unlock that feature, but jailbreaking an IOS device creates other problems.

Jun 6, 2017 7:16 AM in response to aberdeenmeadows

For remote desktop use, there are a few (and somewhat expensive) proprietary solutions (e.g. specific mice that work with a companies specific desktop remote app).

But you are mistaken about the requests here. Most are people who actually want native mouse support in iOS for any and all iOS apps, in place of a touch screen only interface. I agree that is not available now, and likely never will be available. But that is primarily what posters over the years here have been requesting (some, ridiculously, outright demanding).

The available solutions specifically for remote desktop connections have been posted here many times. But that is not what most people raising the issue of mouse support in iOS want or are asking about.

Nov 26, 2015 2:36 PM in response to Michael Black

I presume the Pen is Bluetooth and when it arrives will work with the Pro. It seems to me that if a Pen can work that a mouse could be made to work.

IF Apple wants the Pro to be professional beyond artists they will come up with a fix or someone else will.

I was disappointed the Pro Keyboard was not backlit but fortunately the Logitech keyboard is backlit and I love it.

I bought Office 365 & put it on 5 Mac's & Mac mini's & 5 iPads & 2 iPhones. Spreadsheets cry out for a mouse.

Nov 26, 2015 2:57 PM in response to jerrymbpr

jerrymbpr wrote:

I presume the Pen is Bluetooth and when it arrives will work with the Pro. It seems to me that if a Pen can work that a mouse could be made to work.

IF Apple wants the Pro to be professional beyond artists they will come up with a fix or someone else will.

I was disappointed the Pro Keyboard was not backlit but fortunately the Logitech keyboard is backlit and I love it.

I bought Office 365 & put it on 5 Mac's & Mac mini's & 5 iPads & 2 iPhones. Spreadsheets cry out for a mouse.

Use the feedback link Ethan7988 provided. While the pen does use Bluetooth for some features, it is also fundamentaly a touch based device, not driving a remote cursor. And no third party app could provide a pointer for any other app as the sandboxed design of iOS would preclude that sort of app-based feature. So if you want a true mouse based implementation it would have to be coded into iOS by Apple.

I use my iPad Pro largely for work related "professional" tasks and I feel no need at all for a mouse so I don't know how many would consider it essential. All I wanted over my previous iPads was a larger screen and some limited multitasking and never saw a need or desire for a mouse. The smart connector and keyboard is nice too (I have the Logitech create keyboard cover but the point is no need to separately charge the keyboard or have the additional weight or bulk of a keyboard battery).

Nov 26, 2015 7:34 PM in response to Michael Black

I left feedback but seldom do because of no feedback to my feedback.

i waited 2 Years for the Pro just as I waited 3 years for iOS to start working better with OS X.

Apple has their agenda and time frame and I have mine.

4 64GB iPad 3's do most of what I want, a 128GB iPad does a bit more, 128GB Air 2 is starting to become my favorite but the 128GB Pro with Office 365 on 5 OS X, 5 iPads & 2 iPhones along with 1 TB One Drive is starting to justify my 128GB iPads.

If the Pro is just an oversize iPad Air 2, I'll be happy with it but without a mouse it will probably be my only Pro.

I am retired and my needs are minimal. If no one else wants a mouse, that's OK with me.

I believe Apple will get around to offering a mouse for the Pro or a new Pro that will be mouse compatible. One way they will get more of my money. The other way they won't. It's not important.

Nov 18, 2016 1:12 PM in response to Michael Black

I need to also use my iPad Pro for professional use and I have many drop down menus that I have to access and have no access because they require a right click to open them. I have found this to be the biggest drawback and biggest disappointment of the Pro...Apple needs to fix this because there are still many apps that require this movement...and yes I've contacted support at my place of work and there is no way to fix this except not use the iPad. Again...very disappointing...I may have to return the pro and go non-Apple.

Nov 18, 2016 1:22 PM in response to mtnghtsky

I'm not sure I understand you. There are no iOS apps that require a right mouse click to do anything. That would not even be a programmable feature for an iOS app. iOS apps, by their very nature, are entirely touch screen driven. Even iOS ports of apps like MS Office apps are re-coded to support an entirely touch screen interface.

There may be poorly designed web sites without a proper mobile version that require a right mouse click, but there are no native iOS apps that do so.

iOS, since its very inception, has been a purely touch screen interface operating system, and native iOS apps use wholly touch based and iOS gesture based interfaces.

Nov 18, 2016 1:35 PM in response to mtnghtsky

mtnghtsky wrote:

I teach online and I have hot keys I have to access as well as when I do reports in the adobie structure. When I use my finger I am not able to access anything nor when I high light a word and hit enter....these are commands only available to a mouse or the pencil if it had a similar function....

BTW is this apple support or a person on the board?

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple's participation is minimal and mostly involves making sure everyone follows the rules.

It sounds as if you may have the wrong tool for the job. While the iPad is a wonderful device, it doesn't meet every need for every person.

Nov 18, 2016 2:12 PM in response to mtnghtsky

mtnghtsky wrote:

This is an adobie interface for online teaching. It is not iOS

It is certainly true that many online web sites or online only tools will not be suitable for use with an iOS device. Some are not suitable for use with anything but a laptop or desktop computer browser and do not work, or do not work well, with any tablet. If that is the case, then you either need a different tool, or Abobe needs to re-work their online software to be more mobile and touch device friendly.

P.S. Apple official corporate support personal almost never participate here. This is a forum for fellow users of Apple products to voluntarily help each other.

Do any Mice work with iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.