Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Table contents disappear on second page

I'm using Pages 5.6.1. I have a table that covers more than one page. However, the content of the rows that spill over onto the second page are invisible. I can see the row numbers but not the content.

This table behaved perfectly before I started moving it to a different place in the document.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2016 2:25 PM

I was fighting with Pages over this for awhile, then I discovered that the following process caused the table's second page of content to reappear:

1. Highlight the entire table by clicking the circle at its top left
  2. In the "Format" panel on the right-hand side of my document, choosing "Arrange."
  3. Switching the table's "Object Placement" from "Stay on Page" to "Move with Text."

That did it for me.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2016 2:25 PM in response to PeeVeeGee

I was fighting with Pages over this for awhile, then I discovered that the following process caused the table's second page of content to reappear:

1. Highlight the entire table by clicking the circle at its top left
  2. In the "Format" panel on the right-hand side of my document, choosing "Arrange."
  3. Switching the table's "Object Placement" from "Stay on Page" to "Move with Text."

That did it for me.

Jun 17, 2016 2:38 PM in response to PeeVeeGee

There is one setting where table rows will spill from one page to the next. This happens to be the default when a table is first inserted into the document. Remember, Pages tables break on rows, and will not break a cell across pages.

1. Arrange tab
    1. Object Placement : Move with Text
    2. Text Wrap : Inline with Text
  2. Document body

Format text panel : More tab

1. Uncheck Prevent widow & orphan lines (lets you use the document body)

Table contents disappear on second page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.