Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact Phone Labels in OS X do not match-up/sync with IOS

Community

When I enter a phone number to a person/business in CONTACTS in MAC OS X I always take the time to choose the correct descriptive label (e.g. Work, iPhone, Fax, Home, etc.) as I value having my contact information accurate.

The phone number being added always immediately syncs to my IOS CONTACT app on my iPhone and that is one of the features of iCloud that I really love.

The problem is the descriptive phone labels (e.g. Work, iPhone, Fax, Home, etc.) just seem to never to correctly match-up. So I am calling home numbers when I want mobile numbers and calling mobile numbers when I want work numbers... extremely frustrating!

What is going on? Please help.

I have an <24" 3.06Ghz iMac 8,1 Mid 2008 with 6GB DRAM & 3TB Fusion Drive>, a <2.6Ghz i7 MBP Retina Mid 2012 with 8GB DRAM & 500GB of SSD> and an <64GB iPhone 6 Plus> all on the latest OS versions (OS X 10.11.1 and IOS 9.1 (13B143))

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 9:34 AM

There are no replies.

Contact Phone Labels in OS X do not match-up/sync with IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.