Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Playlist sync issue

I have a brand new iPod Touch 6th gen that I'm using with Windows 7.

My smart playlists will not sync properly on either my iPod or my computer. Here is what they do:

The playlists in question are my Recently Added and Recently Played. These issues have been ongoing since the day I bought my iPod a week ago. My Recently Played is giving me the most problems. I've managed to fix it problem by problem (the common ones like duplicating playlists and what not), but each one I fix either starts or reveals another. This current one is totally new and has me stuck. It seems to be a much more severe variation of the problems I was having at the beginning.

At the current moment the playlist on my computer does not match my iPod. The Recently Played on my computer is a giant mess of songs I have actually listened to and a bunch of ones it seems to be pulling randomly from my library. The Recently Played on my iPod is a total mystery. I have no clue where my iPod is pulling the songs from. It looks like a random selection of 250 songs from somewhere in my library that I haven't listened to in years. My Recently Added seems to be fine, but at this moment I don't have much faith in it. I do not have iTunes Match.

Here is what I've tried over the last week to fix the issues:

1. Messed with iCloud options to see if that was causing it. Turning off iCloud Music Library fixed some of my syncing issues.

2. Deleted and recreated both playlists. This moderately fixed the problem, but it was still syncing with what looked like old versions of my playlists (old as in from several months prior).

3. Turned Live Updating off and on. Caused absolutely no changes in any scenario I've tried. Turning it off actually made it worse once.

4. -Did a hard restore on the iPod.

-Replaced my new iTunes files with ones from the last back-up. All done with iPod disconnected from the computer.

-Synced iPod with new info.

After #4 my iPod was working perfectly until today, when I plugged it in to sync/charge with my computer for the first time since the hard restore. Now the playlists are completely messed up again (in the way I mentioned above), and I have no idea how to fix it. I've run through most of the suggestions I've seen on the forums or on other sites.

Any suggestions?

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 8:32 AM

There are no replies.

Smart Playlist sync issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.