Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse Scrolling Too Fast

I would say that Magic Mouse is the most disappointing product I've gotten from Apple. While it potentially has lots of features that could be useful, I find it to be terribly frustrating to use. I've been living with it for a year now, an starting now I'm switching back to Logitech's Performance MX mouse, which I use on my work PC.

The major issue with Magic Mouse is its being prone to mis-swipes. Bump the mouse gently and your screen goes scrolling in all directions. I added MagicPerfs to disable right-left scrolling, which was really driving me crazy for awhile. That helped, but I still cannot control the up-down scrolling rate. How disappointing! I love that Apple was aiming for simplicity, but a simple 3 button mouse with a scroll wheel probably does about as much as most people need, but it is far simpler, and more compatible with many 3rd party software apps.

One last thing - Magic Mouse eats batteries, at least the previous generation did. I suppose I could turn it on and off each time I use it, but the power button is impossibly small and hard to operate without activating functions on the screen. Sometimes I wonder if Apple uses their own products, because I cannot see how anyone could have overlooked some of the very basic issues this mouse has.

Macbook Air, iPhone, HP desktop and laptop w/XP, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 8:24 AM

There are no replies.

Magic Mouse Scrolling Too Fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.