Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete or hide duplicates in the library?

I have found several photos and entire events duplicated in the Library. I have searched for a button that will automatically delete/ hide any and all duplicates but have not been successful. Could find nothing in the Help section, either. Do any of you know how to do this or do I have to find the duplicates and put them in the trash manually? Thanks in advance for any help/advise.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 10:03 AM

Do any of you know how to do this or do I have to find the duplicates and put them in the trash manually? Thanks in advance for any help/advise.

iPhoto has no tool to detect duplicates, once they have been imported to the library.

It tries to prevent you from importing duplicates, when you import new photos.

Either trash the duplicates manually, or use a third party application to find the duplicates:

Try Duplicate Annihilator, Photo Sweeper, or iPhoto Library Manager.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 10:03 AM in response to Robbie331

Do any of you know how to do this or do I have to find the duplicates and put them in the trash manually? Thanks in advance for any help/advise.

iPhoto has no tool to detect duplicates, once they have been imported to the library.

It tries to prevent you from importing duplicates, when you import new photos.

Either trash the duplicates manually, or use a third party application to find the duplicates:

Try Duplicate Annihilator, Photo Sweeper, or iPhoto Library Manager.

How do I delete or hide duplicates in the library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.