Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to modify the with of header and footers in Pages 5.6.1

Hello, how to modify the with of header and footers in Pages 5.6.1

Yosemite 10.10.5

I am attempting to widen and on some occasions reduce the size of the header spaces,

to accommodate different data, please advise if you know how..

jojoguitar

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Pages

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 11:57 AM

Pages v5.6.1 headers and footers only have vertical adjustment, and otherwise automatically adapt to the left and right document margins that are set in the Documents panel. There is no further aesthetic control over the width of each section

Your best bet is to uncheck Header and Footer in the Document panel, and replace them with a table customized to your goal. You can hide the table outline, and gridlines after your are done. Document persistence for these custom Header/Footer can be achieved via the Arrange menu : Section Masters : Move Objects to Section Master.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 11:57 AM in response to jojoguitar

Pages v5.6.1 headers and footers only have vertical adjustment, and otherwise automatically adapt to the left and right document margins that are set in the Documents panel. There is no further aesthetic control over the width of each section

Your best bet is to uncheck Header and Footer in the Document panel, and replace them with a table customized to your goal. You can hide the table outline, and gridlines after your are done. Document persistence for these custom Header/Footer can be achieved via the Arrange menu : Section Masters : Move Objects to Section Master.

Nov 26, 2015 5:54 PM in response to VikingOSX

Yes, this is the correct answer. I have play'd with it. This is a tricky thing, I would never have thought of it. The joy of Headers and Footers is that they are on each page of a multipage file, I am writing a book of lyrics to my songs. Some songs have several pages and right now I am copy pasting the cell item on each page and still using footer for page #'s.

So much to learn, so little time, I am deeply dependent on this Apple Community for the help people give.

jojoguitar_mn_usa

how to modify the with of header and footers in Pages 5.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.