Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a single iOS device register to multiple company MDM servers?

Got the error message stating "Profile installation failed as Mobile Device Management is already installed".

FYI I already enrolled to MDM services of another client company.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 10:15 AM

4 replies

Nov 6, 2017 7:28 PM in response to KiltedTim

I know this is an old question, but it's the closest thread I could find for my problem. Coming from Android to iOS for the first time, this has me stumped. I had 2 MDM providers, both using Exchange Active Sync on Android, and of course expected to be able to do the same on iOS. That iOS doesn't support this is not an Exchange Active Sync issue, it's an Apple issue, and it's a real blocker.

Nov 27, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Dillibabu Narayanan

That's a limitation of any device supporting Exchange Active Sync.

Exchange administrators can enforce policies on mobile devices. It is possible to set up multiple Exchange accounts on the device as long as no more than one of them is attempting to enforce policies. If more than one Exchange account attempts to set policies on the device, it will result in a conflict and you will not be able to set up the second account.

The same goes for devices configured using other Mobile Device Management solutions.

A device can only be managed by one system at a time.

Can a single iOS device register to multiple company MDM servers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.