Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn on iPhone 4s without power button

I hardly dropped my phone or even letting it to come into contact with water and it looks perfectly fine too.

However, the only problem with my phone is the faulty power button.

I think it started around a week ago when I began to realise the power button was becoming more rigid.

Then, it just switched off on its own this evening (it was around 21% if I'm not mistaken and I was playing some games), and of course, I charged it so that I could switch it on again but only to realise that the power button is no longer functioning as it does not respond to it.

Sorry for the long story, in short, I've tried to press the home button, volume button or even the power button but nothing seems to work.

The only thing that appears on my phone when I charge it is the battery icon (from red to green colour).

The apple logo is not appearing at all and when I connect it to my MacBook, it's not even recognised in the iTunes.

Is there any alternative to switch on my phone? (I'm using 4s by the way).

Your help is much appreciated 🙂

iPhone 4S

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 8:22 AM

1 reply

Turn on iPhone 4s without power button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.