Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AntiVirus Sentinel Pro - Virus Scanner, Network Guard, Network Monitor....was an update on macbook pro recently installed! Does anyone know how it works? Meaning do I have to do anything? Or does my Mac fixes the problems for me? thanks community:)

AntiVirus Sentinel Pro - Virus Scanner, Network Guard, Network Monitor....was an update installed on macbook pro recently!! Does anyone know how it works? Meaning do I have to do anything? Or does my Mac fixes the problems for me? thanks community:)😕 I seem to always over read and get confused and then worry that someone can get into my mac!! pls help me understand this update....feather6868😕

Message was edited by: feather6868

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:14 AM

None of that is Apple provided software, so I do not understand how it was installed as part of an update.

It's useless.

3 replies

Nov 30, 2015 9:06 AM in response to feather6868

To answer your question feather6868, AntiVirus Sentinel Pro is an App from the Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/antivirus-sentinel-pro-adware/id897593583?mt=12

So either you or another user of the computer downloaded/installed it. Nothing terribly to worry about however personally I would just get rid of it. Its garbage. Go to the developer website and have a see for yourself. Poor spelling & grammar are a dead giveaway that something is amiss.

Plus, as long as our up to date your mac actually has an amazingly robust security system built right into it! Check it out: http://www.apple.com/osx/what-is/security/

AntiVirus Sentinel Pro - Virus Scanner, Network Guard, Network Monitor....was an update on macbook pro recently installed! Does anyone know how it works? Meaning do I have to do anything? Or does my Mac fixes the problems for me? thanks community:)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.