Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp

I am using macbook pro version 10.7.5, 2.3GHz i5, 4 GB ram 1333MHz DDR3 and I have installed Windows 7 in parallel with Mac OS x, day before yesterday i got notification for free upgrade to windows 10 and i did it, while up gradation it displayed that Bluetooth is not compatible i ignored and continued the process was completed and upgradation was successful but i noticed Track pad was not working, i tried to download latest windows software upgrade from bootcamp assistance and run the file in windows 10 but it failed to upgrade. finally i decided to downgrade it back to windows 7 through Recovery option under update and security i clicked on "go back to windows 7" the process started but during the process the windows went into restart loop and

Going through the same screens:

- Boot screen

- (Flickers through 2 different screens really fast, one is the the F8 screen)

- Windows is loading files...

- (spinny ball)

- (flashes what looks to be a cmd window)

- Attempting to recover installation...

- Restoring your previous version of Windows...

-> (Loops)

Please help me to recover

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 9:10 AM

10 replies

Nov 26, 2015 9:58 AM in response to Loner T

Parallel word i used is wrongly understood. i wanted to say i am using windows 7 also and it was installed via boot camp even the upgradation was done via bootcamp and as i mentioned during restoring w7 thorough the path which i mentioned in 1st post has lead to problem. and whenever i try to boot in windows it will dispaly attempting to restore previous version and the laptop restarts.

I hope my point is clear

kindly help

Nov 26, 2015 10:22 AM in response to arpit042

1. You ignored the BT warning.

i tried to download latest windows software upgrade from bootcamp assistance and run the file in windows 10 but it failed to upgrade. finally i decided to downgrade it back to windows 7 through Recovery option under update and security i clicked on "go back to windows 7" the process started but during the process the windows went into restart loop and

2. How? What version of BC software did you try to install? Was it meant for your specific Mac/model?

3. From Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support, a 2011 Mac does not support W10 and has no proper W10 drivers.

4. Can you boot into W7 Safe Mode via Bootcamp?

5. Please do not use Parallels till you can successfully get W7/W10 working.

Nov 26, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Loner T

1.Yes i did ignored bluetooth warning

2.The version of Bootcamp present in my macbook is 4.0.4 (437). then i went to utility and via bootcamp assistance i tried i download latest windows software from apple in a external drive then i booted windows 10 via bootcamp. (latest version i am not able to find out).

3. I didnt read anything before upgrading to W10

4. No i am not able to boot windows in safe mode or any mode via bootcamp.

5. i am not using any parallels

Please let me know if there is any specific produce to boot windows in safe mode

Present situation is when i boot via boot camp W10 screen will appear and then it will say attempting to recover installation, then it will display restoring your previous version and then after 5 sec it will restart this is happening again and again

Nov 26, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Loner T

the version shown in .xml file is

<ProductManufacturer>Apple Inc.</ProductManufacturer>

<ProductVersion>4.0.4033</ProductVersion>

<ProductCode>{E8F8AF38-7FFA-407A-8E4B-4722AE20FA30}</ProductCode>

<Component Name="AppleOSSMgr.exe" GUID="*" SharedDLL="yes">

which implies its same.

No i am not getting W10 recovery console only four squares in blue which appears normally when W10 boots up after that the msg appears on bottom of screen as attempting to recover and so on....

boot camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.