Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27" won't boot!

Recently my iMac 27" (2011) stopped working. When I turn it on, I hear the little bling-tone and the apple logo and the bar appears. Then it loads a bit and as soon as the iMac is about half way through it suddenly shuts down and - after a few seconds - reboots. Please help! I really don't know what to do. At first I thought it could be the hard drive, so I created a bootable USB-stick and connected it to my iMac. Then I booted with the stick and - the same results: after the iMac is half way through the starting-process it suddenly shuts down.

Then I've installed OS X 10.11 on an external hard-drive and connected it to the iMac - again: same results.

I've already spent HOURS on the internet, looking for a possible solution to this problem. I also tried every possible start-up option, like safe-start, AHT and so on.

I'm kind of desperate right now, since my iMac was really working just fine until now.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11), grey screen

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 10:57 AM

There are no replies.

iMac 27" won't boot!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.