Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't boot into Windows 7 after El Capitan upgrade

I have had Windows 7 with Bootcamp on my 2009 MacBook for a few years.

I just tried booting to it after upgrading to El Capitan and got the error message that I need to insert a bootable disc to startup. But, I'm never gotten this message before. And I can't find my original Windows 7 disc anywhere.

I've reset the PRAM and SMU

I recently upgraded to El Capitan, but the could have been happening in Yosemite as well, since I never used it in Yosemite.

As an aside, in case anybody knows, Mail will now download all messages overtime I launch it or even bring it to a forward window, even though I have it set to download manually. Any ideas on that?

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 12:14 PM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2015 9:52 PM in response to dcrandon

Can you post the output of the following Terminal commands?

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

What is the exact year/model of your Mac? Please do not post your Mac's serial number.

Can't boot into Windows 7 after El Capitan upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.