Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover files backeup with time machine saved to an external hardrive

Hi,

I had been using time machine to back up my files. However i was backing them up to an external hardrive which unfortunatley was stolen. I would like to know if time machine makes a copy or if there is any way I can access the older backups that were saved into my hardrive. I have an macbook pro 2.3 GHZ, Memory 4GB. OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 but i was deleting files to free space on my computer and kept most of them in my hardrive, which was stolen. i would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with this as i dont have a copy of the lost files anywhere else!!!!

THANK YOU

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 2:07 PM

4 replies

Nov 27, 2015 2:43 PM in response to SeaPapp

Hi Mike,

thank you for your interest. No, I had copies of my Time Machine backups on an external Hardrive LaCie. Unfortunately they hardrive got stolen and so, I´m trying to figure out if Time Machine somehow makes copies somewhere of those back ups, even if the selected disk for the back up was an external hardrive that i have no longer with me...

recover files backeup with time machine saved to an external hardrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.