Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9 Crashing

i am currently running IOS 9.1 on my iPod 5th gen, 32gb, it is relatively old but recently i have been having issues with the clock app, this seems t stop when the screen is not on; Multiple apps seem to crash spontaneously , when this happens the screen usually turns the primary colour of the screen at the time and then crashes. This has also happened to me on the IOs menu page as well as in the settings. A more regular issue is the iPod also spontaneously disconnects from my wifi network when the screen is off/ it is in sleep/locked mode; it also randomly returns me to the apple start up symbol, as if it is restarting, without any command.

I have tried deleting apps to free up space on it. no effect.

i have reset multiple times. no noticable effects.

tried closing all apps no effect.

is there anything that i should/could do... I would rather not have to splash out on a new one...

iPod touch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 10:38 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 10:46 AM in response to daraghfromsevenoaks

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Done

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

IOS 9 Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.