Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay keeps dissconecting / dropping

Hi, i'm having a issue with AirPlay, this issue comes from when i had my iPad air 2 and Apple TV 3

When i'm streaming something like youtube or AirVideo HD to the Apple TV from time to time it drops the connection and i have to enable airplay on the ipad again.

I was giving a class and i had my ipad pro with the Apple TV 4 and the first day it went just fine, i ended up with 3% on ipad's battery but i was able to finish the class.

But yesterday i tried to stream two youtube videos and it kept dropping each 30 seconds, at most, sometimes less, i rebooted wireless AP, even the main server to no avail....

The connection on the wifi i think it's good, i have tried other AP's but the problem keeps reapearing. i Blamed originally to AirVideo HD because i had the problem mostly with that app, but now with ipad pro, the mirroing function keeps doing it too, well, to be fair, it is when i'm playing a video when it drops.

anyone else has this issue? or any ideas on what could be the problem?

i have tried a lot of solutions, opening the wireless network, connecting the apple tv directly via ethernet, one of the most successful ones was using the Internet Share option on the ipad and connect the Apple TV to ipad's wifi, this just makes the drops less frequent..

oh, and a very good solution, which can make the problem dissappear for an hour: Restart both the ipad and apple tv.

iOS 9.1, Progante

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 11:34 AM

There are no replies.

AirPlay keeps dissconecting / dropping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.