Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use Siri to find photos?

Trying to locate photos in the new PHOTOS app on my Mac seems a lot more difficult on my Apple TV than it was with iPhoto. With the new Apple TV (4th Gen.), does anyone know if you can you use Siri to help find photos or albums?

i-Mac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:48 PM

NO. Siri does not have visibility to personal media.

When you look for content with Siri or the Search app, Apple TV checks these content providers, with more coming soon:

• United States: Movies and TV shows in iTunes, HBO GO, HBO NOW, Hulu, Netflix, SHOWTIME, SHOWTIME Anytime
  • Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and United Kingdom: Movies and TV shows available on the iTunes Store and Netflix
  • Other countries and regions: Movies in iTunes
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 1:48 PM in response to JamesBonn007

NO. Siri does not have visibility to personal media.

When you look for content with Siri or the Search app, Apple TV checks these content providers, with more coming soon:

• United States: Movies and TV shows in iTunes, HBO GO, HBO NOW, Hulu, Netflix, SHOWTIME, SHOWTIME Anytime
  • Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and United Kingdom: Movies and TV shows available on the iTunes Store and Netflix
  • Other countries and regions: Movies in iTunes

Can you use Siri to find photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.