Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faded folders that won't go home...

Many of my folders are faded blue in color with a RED circle and a (-)minus within that circle. Another has a white "arrow"(blue background) pointing downwards and some have no items.. These folders are:(1)Document Revisions V-100 0 Bytes permissions are; 'NO ACCESS' by System , wheel or 'everyone'. (2) .Temporary Items 2 items 8Kb (3) .fseventsd 430 Kb 105 items. permissions are my 'user account name' (me) - read & write 'everyone' - no access . (4).Spotlight V-100 844 Kb on Disk 3 items. permissions are; 'user account name' (me)- read & write 'everyone'- no access (5).disk.label 4Kb (text edit.app document. permissions are 'system'- read & write 'wheel'-read only. 'everyone' - read only. (6) disk_label_2x 8Kb (text edit app document) permissions are 'system'- read & write 'wheel'- read only 'everyone' - read only. (7) .Trashes 2 items 8Kb permissions: 'user name' - read & write 'staff' - write only (drop box) 'everyone' - write only (drop box). (8) tmbootpicker.efi with a "padlock" on it and the word 'exec' in a smaller box within borders of folder edge 119 items 119 Kb. Permissions are: 'system' - read & write 'wheel' - read only and 'everyone' -read only. I'm using (238 GB) of a 750GB Seagate Hybrid SSD drive installed Oct. 2012 in a 17" Macbook Pro(08) and a WD My Book 1230 2TB backup using Time Machine. The folder: "Backups.backupdb" remains dark blue with (4) items and about 374 GB of that has been used. I use Disk Utility often and recently lost my Ethernet function (modem is new & works well). I'm using an external keyboard and mouse. I'm also having issues with video games freezing up..When using Disk Utility , The "SUID" File is ALWAYS an issue and can't be repaired.. When I try to backup system to fresh drive it reduces my pictures to the point of being useless..Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You. 11/26/15

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8), SATA cable-USB port

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 11:34 AM

There are no replies.

Faded folders that won't go home...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.