Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an MacBook Pro laptop computer with version 10.6.8. I would like to transfer my iTunes library to my new iPhone, but the older version cannot download the very latest version of iTunes. How can I move my iTunes to the new phone?

I have an MacBook Pro laptop computer with version 10.6.8. I would like to transfer my iTunes library to my new iPhone, but the older Macbook Pro cannot download the very latest version of iTunes. Version 10.6.8 cannot be upgraded to the latest operating system, which apparently is needed to get the latest version of iTunes. How can I move my iTunes library to the new iphone 6s?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 12:16 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 8:02 AM in response to Johnb-one

Thanks for replying. I cannot upgrade this MacBook Pro to El Capitan because El Capitan requires a newer processor. I checked to see if it is possible to upgrade to a newer processor, but apparently, that is not possible. Would you be aware of any other way to get the music from the MacBook Pro to the iPhone? I have the library on an ipod nano also. Thanks again for assisting.

Nov 29, 2015 12:59 PM in response to scout the cutedog

okay-see if you can update iTunes. the version you want is 11.4, the iphone's software is 9, which requires iTunes 12.3.1 which is designed for El Capitan, which your MacBook Pro does not support. Maybe you can update your Macbook Pro to Mountain Lion. You could also enable Wifi Syncing on your iPhone

or try tunesGo (www.wondershare.net). I don't know if it works well or not, I have nothing to do with them at all, I'm sure there may be other utilities that can do something like that

good luck

JB

I have an MacBook Pro laptop computer with version 10.6.8. I would like to transfer my iTunes library to my new iPhone, but the older version cannot download the very latest version of iTunes. How can I move my iTunes to the new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.