Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find downloaded App on iMac.

My son was playing Angry Birds on our iMac (2010 running 10.6.8) when he came in and said there was a problem with it and he had to put it in the trash. I tried to do standard things (remove from trash, delete and restore from Time Machine, reboot, etc) and nothing. I kept getting the message that the file was damaged and I should delete it and redownload it from the App Store. So I go to the Purchased tab, and there it is -- I hit "install". The progress bar shows it installing. I see it on the dock loading up.

However, once it's finished, I cannot find the app ANYWHERE on my system -- not in Applications, not using the search function, not looking on any of the drives directly. I looked at the App store -- this is supposed to work on my OS and it was working a few hours ago. I have deleted and redownloaded several times now -- each time it shows it "installing" and if I go to the app store, it says it's "installed".

Any ideas where the app went to or other hints?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 27" 3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 11:16 AM

2 replies

Can't find downloaded App on iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.