Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Playlists are Empty

Early Tuesday morning I had an issue with my songs on my iPhone appearing without their artwork. So I removed all the songs from my phone and then resynced and added them back. The problem is now after doing that all of my playlists appear on my PC as empty and are no longer on my iPhone. I've seen the option of going to the Previous iTunes Libraries folder and choosing a set date and going back, the issue is my last date of this year is in July and that would ruin four months of purchases and uploads that I've done since then. Is there another way to restore my empty playlists without having to go back to July? When I try a backup option, the dates are all from 2014 unfortunately. SOS

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 2:19 PM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2016 12:30 AM in response to wheadee

This happened to me today, I think iTunes messed up my playlist by replacing the items contained in the playlist from the iPhone (which I set today to not sync musi). This resulted in most of my playlists being replaced by some incomplete form of each and every playlist. So my afternoon was spent re-organizing everything which is not cool in any case.

iTunes Playlists are Empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.