Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I program my 3rd party remote to access the "siri" and/or "home" buttons? I can only program a 3rd party remote to access navigation buttons, select, and menu.

Why can't I program my 3rd party remote to access the "siri" and/or "home" buttons? I can only program a 3rd party remote to access navigation buttons, select, and menu.

Apple TV, Apple TV 4

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 2:06 PM

3 replies

Dec 10, 2015 9:44 PM in response to Protodd

You actually got the "home" button to work with your Harmony One? (not the "menu" button, but the "home" button with the little TV icon). Did you use the Harmony application to program your remote?

My understanding is that Siri and the Home button use Bluetooth, thus they are not controllable via IR remotes, like your Harmony One.

I hope you're right since I loathe the Apple TV 4 remote control.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.