Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you remove advanced mac cleaner

A month or so ago, advanced mac cleaner appeared on my launchpad and recently VLC did as well, i am looking to remove both of them of my launchpad. How can i do that?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, Gold

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 3:42 PM

Your device is a iPhone? or a Mac?

I am assuming that your using a Mac since you said on your launchpad. Check out this support guide. It should help you out

Stop pop-up ads and adware in Safari - Apple Support

<Edited by Host>

6 replies

Nov 26, 2015 3:44 PM in response to lucyhew123

A

You installed a fake "utility" called "Advanced Mac Cleaner." Like any software that purports to automatically "clean up" or "speed up" a Mac, it's a scam. To remove it, take the steps below. Some of the files listed may be absent. Back up all data before proceeding.

If you paid for the software with a credit card, consider reporting the charge to the bank as fraudulent.

Step 1

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.pcv.hlpramc.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services â–¹ Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. Log out or restart the computer.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go â–¹ Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Step 2

Move the following item to the Trash as in Step 1:

/Library/Application Support/amc

This time you may be prompted for your administrator login password. There's no need to log out after taking this step.

Step 3

Move this item to the Trash:

~/Library/AdvancedMacCleaner

Step 4

Open the Applications folder and move an item named "Advanced Mac Cleaner" (if it's present) to the Trash. Empty the Trash.

B

"VLC" can be removed by dragging it from the Applications folder to the Trash. You can't delete anything by dragging from LaunchPad or the Dock.

how do you remove advanced mac cleaner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.