Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can`t preview and import MXFL files correctly

Hi,

I can`t import MXFL files correctly. In the import window, I can see only the audio but no picture!

This problem is only present on my mac pro.

Do you have a solution for this problem?

How can I reinstall FCX include the pro codecs and all the installed plug-ins correctly?

Thanx in advance

MacPro 3.0, Mac OS X (10.5.1), 9 Gb RAM

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:02 PM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2015 5:53 AM in response to can-dale

MXFL? From what camera?

To reinstall FCPX, which may not solve your issues, simply move it from the App folder to the Trash. This will not touch any codec or templates. Then launch the App Store, go to the Purchased section, next to FCPX will be a Install button. Simple as that.

Before doing that, be sure you have the latest Pro App Support package installed.

Final Cut Pro X 10.1 and later: Troubleshooting basics - Apple Support

Nov 28, 2015 11:13 AM in response to BenB

It`s Footage from the Sony FS5

Sorry but but this does not solve the problem and it is not really the answer of my question.

How can I delate also the pro codecs and all the installed plug-ins correctly?

That should be the only way that I can a clean install, also from the pro codecs, especially the XAVC codec`s.

Nov 29, 2015 5:24 AM in response to can-dale

Only run clean installs if yo've done every step of the troubleshooting steps I linked to. FCS Remover from Digital Rebellion. But it won't touch the Pro App Support, nothing will. You'd have to manually find that and remove it, and I don't recall off-hand where that is. Templates won't have any effect on anything, but they're in your Movies folder, unless they are 3rd party and required you ran an installer. Then you have to contact the developer to find out how to uninstall them. I doubt a clean install of templates and Pro App Support update will help in this case. But you seem to know better than I. Best of luck.

Nov 29, 2015 5:32 AM in response to BenB

Than you for your support!

I already did everything what you recommend bevor I posted my problem.

Now I've found out that FCX have a huge bug with the import of XAVC-L files (Example Sony FS5)

It seems that the only way in the moment to handle this files is to import directly from the camera card.

After that you can edit it. But if you don`t render optimize media, than you can`t export XML for a roundtrip in Resolve, because FCX changes the MXF file in a unreadable MOV file!

See my newest post!

Thank you!

Can`t preview and import MXFL files correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.