Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are some tracks muting randomly?

Hey guys. I'm new to GarageBand for OSX so hopefully this will be something I'm just doing wrong, however I have an issue whilst trying to make a track,

I've set a certain loop and I'm trying to export it. However when I play it, only certain tracks play. The silent ones aren't muted and they're not showing as making any decibles. Yet some of them randomly start playing if I leave the track playing.

What determines whether they play or not or the point from which I play the track. However if I play it from the beginning they all play. The problem is, I don't always want to play the track from the beginning. And I'd like to export this one loop and they're silent on the export (as I was hoping that exporting would ignore the problem).

Tried googling the problem but I seem to be the only one who has this random silence problem.

Many thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:02 PM

1 reply

Why are some tracks muting randomly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.