Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to export a tune as mpeg

I am using iTunes version 12.3.1.23. How can I export a song that I imported from a cd as an Mpeg? It is now an AIFF format and my really old cd player does not play that format. So I need to export with more options that to make an MP3. I can only play that in my car!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:38 PM

The format that shows on the for creating a new version of a song is controlled by what you've selected via the General tab in iTunes > Preferences (command-comma), tap the 'import settings' button at the bottom of that tab : iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support.

If you want it in a different format you will need to do the conversion via different software.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 1:38 PM in response to dpicker1

The format that shows on the for creating a new version of a song is controlled by what you've selected via the General tab in iTunes > Preferences (command-comma), tap the 'import settings' button at the bottom of that tab : iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support.

If you want it in a different format you will need to do the conversion via different software.

Nov 27, 2015 6:57 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you so much! I've learned something new about the newer version of iTunes. I think it used to be that the format could be exported in different format. Now they need to be imported to a different format. It seems to me that since they are already imported and I don't have the original cd's anymore, I should be able to burn the cd's in the format they are now, then re-import them with the WAV format selected. Thanks again. Dale

Nov 27, 2015 10:23 AM in response to dpicker1

You didn't need to re-import them, if you change the type that you want via the Import Settings button you can then select/highlight the tracks that you want to convert in the My Music section of your library and then either do File > Create > Create ... Version (where ... should be what you've selected in Import Settings), or control-click them in My Music and select 'Create... Version' on the popup - that should create new versions of those tracks in your library (the old versions will still exist, they won't be deleted by the conversion process)

how to export a tune as mpeg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.