Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relink proposal is wrong

Hello everybody,

I have import a FCP7 file through 7toX into FCPX 10.2.2

Timeline looks good, list of data files also (I've chosen not to import the data)

All the data files have the yellow warning triangle.

If I select one file and look at the infos in the inspector, I realize that pushing the button "show in finder" has no effect, and if I play the timeline, I don't see anything.

So, I'm sure the link is not good.

But when I want to relink them, the files names that FCPX propose to me in the relink window are totally different for my files names, actually FCPX make a proposal with names of files from another project with no relation at all.

I'm just stuck... any work around ??

Thanks for your help !!

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), with 7toX1.0.56

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 3:48 PM

7 replies

Nov 27, 2015 9:48 AM in response to Clarkaime

Just a few thoughts – wondering why you might encounter broken links for all the clips:

Are all three applications (X, &, and 7toX) on the same Mac?

Are the FCP 7 project (or sequence) media files in a single location? (They should be.)

Are there any broken links indicated when FCP 7 is open?

Is there anything unusual about the clips you're trying to link to?

Russ

Nov 27, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Russ H

Dear Russ,

Thanks for your help.

Yes, everything on the same mac, yes the FCP7 project and all it's medias are in the same folder, no broken link in FCP7, as far as I know, nothing unusual regarding the clips (actually, 2x .mov & 2x .wav)

The only thing that might be "special" is that if I choose, in the relink pop up window, the proposed files (that are from another project) FCPX accept it... it's crazy (he shouldn't, right as length, type, ... are totally different)

Of course, by "accept", I mean the yellow triangle disappear, the "show in finder" button shows the selected file, but if I play the timeline, I don't see anything...

Nov 27, 2015 11:10 AM in response to Clarkaime

Still trying to understand why you would have a re-link issue affecting all your clips. I haven;t needed to use 7toX lately but when I have I haven't encountered that issue.

Could you post a screen shot if the contents of one of the FCP media folders in list view? Something like the two open folders below?

Thanks.

Russ

User uploaded file

Relink proposal is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.