Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Audiobook missing.

I bought and downloaded an audiobook on my iPhone 4, and later synced it with iTunes on my PC. A couple of days later, I find that the audiobook is no longer on my phone for some reason. I figured it was just some glitch, and so I started up iTunes on my PC again, to see if re-syncing would help. That's when I found out it was no longer on iTunes either. The folder that iTunes keeps audiobooks under on my PC still has the audiobook in it, but iTunes doesn't seem to be picking it up. Apparently you cannot re-download audiobooks either, so the £8.95 I spent is now wasted. I heard that Apple can do a 1-time reset or something? How would I do that?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 2:25 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 9:04 AM in response to LoganTheCreative

iTunes doesn't monitor what is in the media folders, but you should be able to drag the file into the iTunes interface, or the Automatically Add to iTunes folder. Audiobooks are a one-time only download so it might pay to make a backup copy on the desktop before you start and then a proper backup of the library as a whole for good measure. See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy.

If you're not able to get the file into iTunes it might be corrupt. Use https://reportaproblem.apple.com/ to report the issue, and ask if they can make an exception on this occasion and requeue your audiobook purchase as it was lost before you were able to make a backup. In future download audiobooks with iTunes and backup immediately after downloading.

tt2

iTunes Audiobook missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.