Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro (early 2011) : Can I benefit from the video card replacement for free ?

Hi everybody ! 🙂

A few days ago, I've got a problem.. The "famous" problem of the video card of Macbook Pro 15', early 2011. I researched a lot about the problem and found that Apple give the possibility to change the video card for free (my Macbook is in the list and my problem is clearly this one). But my question is... Is it okay for me to benefit from the replacement ? Because I don't understand the end of the article on their website :

https://www.apple.com/chfr/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

(it's in French, yeah I'm Swiss) 😝

Thanks for your help 🙂

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 12:10 AM

You would have to take it in to the nearest Apple Store. They check it to see if it comes under that recall. If they fix it , they replace the logic board. The graphics card is soldered in. It is advised that you back up the hard drive before going in. Make an appointment.

1 reply

Macbook Pro (early 2011) : Can I benefit from the video card replacement for free ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.