Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod 5 stuck in recovery mode

So I've had my ipod 5th gen (32GB) for just over a year. No problems, no damage until this week. My iPod started to lose track of time, and could not connect to "set time automatically" function. It would tend to crash and reboot as well as loosing its internet connection. I was still at iOS 8.8 I think (just before Apple Music update), therefore, I decided that I should update my iPod to fix the issues. I plugged it to iTunes, started the update and iTunes said the iOS is corrupt and it must restore the iPod to factory settings. My iPod enters recovery mode and the screen displays that I must plug it in to iTunes. Here's my current and unsolved issue: I start to restore the iPod. The top of the iTunes window says "extracting software". AS SOON as the "extracting software" is finished, my iPod reboots. The restoring process stops because iTunes loses the iPod. When my iPod reboots, it's still in recovery mode. Every time I restore, it crashes, and the cycle continues...

Please help!

Thanks.

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 5:46 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 1:22 AM in response to alpepi

Try the remaining items of:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Ipod 5 stuck in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.