Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet port failure on 27" apple display

I have a MacBook Pro which I link to 2x 27" displays in my workplace. One of those displays has an internet port which is an essential part of the set up, since the 2 thunderbolt ports on the MacBook Pro are used to connect the displays. This week the internet port suddenly stopped working - which means now I can only use one of my displays at a time, if I want internet. I have a high volume workflow, including email, and find the 2 displays essential for keeping track of things. Any advice? apple?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 2x 27" Apple displays

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 5:17 PM

3 replies

Nov 26, 2015 8:49 PM in response to Duane

I was using this as my main internet connection. On the laptop there are 2 thunderbolt ports, one which is for internet connection via a converter. Because I need these to support the screens I was relying on the standard internet port on the back of one of the screens to join the ethernet. I need this to use the Time Machine for backup.

Internet port failure on 27" apple display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.