Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep emails permanently

how do I keep my emails permanently

iPad Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 5:47 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 6:01 PM in response to Moon0014

The only mostly permanent way is to have a local copy. Make a screen cap, or cut and paste the contents into a word document or print it out.

In theory the mail will remain on the server forever, however stuff happens. A flood, fire or simple hardware failure could wipe your mail out. So the 'safest' storage way is something you control.

The exact how depends on your mail provider and what they can allow you to do. For example my work e-mail is microsoft exchange and I can download mails as pdf files. But that's not always an option with every provider.

Whatever you do you'll need to do it outside the mail app. Perhaps your mail provider has a webmail interface that you can use.

How do I keep emails permanently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.