Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google on Safari is in Arabic.

I was using Google on my iPhone with Safari then all of the sudden it changed to "Google.ae". I went onto Google and everything was fine and on "Google.com" but then I searched something and it just changed to "Google.ae" I would type "Google.com" into the search engine and it would pull up Google, but the link is still "Google.ae". It was all in Arabic but I figured out how to change the language to English but it's still on Google.ae. I've noticed that some of my friends also with iPhone's are had the same trouble as me and they've still not found a way to change it back.

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:14 PM

2 replies

Sep 27, 2016 10:57 AM in response to RTW1163

The same thing happened on my Macbook pro, an older (2011) model but with new hard drive and logic board and on El Capitan. Arabic. It happens in Firefox AND in Chrome when I use Google's search engine. Given that Google is notorious for violating your privacy, I suppose some dumbo thought I spoke Arabic having lived in Turkey 10 years ago, and being stupid enough to think the Turks are Arabs (they aren't and they don't speak Arabic--neither do I.) I can't say how horrible Google has become. This also happened when I got a message while running Clean my Mac (which no longer clears the cache, etc. on Chrome, btw) that said something about a new service and like an idiot I clicked yes. When I went to another forum they advised a service to chekc for Malware--turns out that's only for businesses and PCs. Grrrrrr!!!

Google on Safari is in Arabic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.