Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 5k download latest update now have blue screen help

have a new I Mac 5 K decided to do update now have blue screen. Any suggestions?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 4:53 PM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2015 8:38 PM in response to virginiafromlancaster

If you see a blue screen when you try to start your Mac you may have a problem with damaged startup items or software.

You would need to restart your Mac in safe mode.

1. Press and hold the button on the back of your iMac until it turns off, wait a few seconds, and then press the button again to initiate system start
  2. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.
  3. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.
  4. If the Mac successfully starts up in safe mode, choose Apple menu > Restart to see whether the Mac will restart normally.

Nov 27, 2015 8:45 PM in response to Dr.Mac.

Thank you for replying to my question. Since this is the first time using and posting a question I have finally figured out how to replay 🙂 I ended up calling my brother in another state and time zone to ask him what to do. When trying to get something other then a blue screen I hit the shut of button and restarted my computer it then came up with a blue screen and a spinning wheel of color...... I turned if off again and when I turned it on lo and behold the update was on my machine and it is working! Thank you again for replying to my request for help.

iMac 5k download latest update now have blue screen help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.