Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Urgent Help when starting up background keeps flashing to grey and has no dock/menu at the bottom

Sometimes when I start my macbook the background flashes from the one I've picked to a grey one and there is no dock at the bottom. Normally I restart my computer and that seems load it as normal however it seems to becoming a regular occurrence and I end up restarting my mac several times before it does back to normal. How do I fix the problem?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 8:02 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 8:03 AM in response to chilavert101

Hi chilavert101,
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with booting up your MacBook Pro. Let's see if we can get it to boot up properly.
Now for most start up issues, they can resolved by booting up into Safe Mode. This startup process will only load the essentials which also includes checking your hard drive for any issues. If it starts up and can log in without issue, restart your Mac and it will start up normal. Continue using and hopefully it resolved the issue.
If the issue continues, then I would look into using Disk Utility to verify your hard drive. I know Safe Mode does this, but this will allow you to see what is going on and if there are any issues.
Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203176​

Let me know how this goes and if you need further assistance on your startup issue.
Have a good day

Urgent Help when starting up background keeps flashing to grey and has no dock/menu at the bottom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.