Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

an unexpected error has occurred. the required components were not found

Unable to create client installer...an unexpected error has occurred. the required components were not found...the application appears to be installed incorrectly..

So then I removed RD....

Restarted, empty trash, restart....

Tried again.

Same result.

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 5:57 PM

5 replies

Jan 12, 2016 6:54 AM in response to rodrigoab.cl

I had the same issue, and found a solution that at least worked for me!

For some reason, manually installing the "Remote Desktop Client Shell 3.8.0" update from my servers software update data folder seemed to do the trick!

To get the update, (Assuming you have Server 5 installed), enable and download the update listed above. It is number 031-23124, and once you download it it will be in the folder.

/Library/Server/Software Update/Data/html/content/downloads/59/10/031-23124/x0sj4t1vbimv6h3ejhjzf3nwa6vt 9ekxgd/

Install that, and you should be all good!

Jan 19, 2016 11:51 AM in response to PatrickG

OK, so your desktop computer is actually a server, all macs running 10.7 or later are. All the server app does is let you manage the services that OS X has built in. Assuming you are having the same error as the one in the origonal post, all you do to install the update is run the pkg file that i mentioned in my first post. The folder path in my first post has a space that shouldnt be in it for some reason, so keep that in mind.

an unexpected error has occurred. the required components were not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.