Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a record of WHEN I downloaded an app I ALREADY own?

Basically, to give a little context, my ex-wife is accusing me of downloading the find my iphone app on my sons ipod with the intent of tracking her whereabouts. I know for a fact that I downloaded that app before we were divorced and it has been on his ipod since I bought the thing. My problem is I had already purchased the app in the past(on my phone) and it won't show up in my purchase history to prove when I downloaded it on his ipod. Any information would be appreciated.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 5:57 PM

4 replies

Nov 26, 2015 9:03 PM in response to ed2345

I appreciate you taking the time to reply but you didn't answer the question. I know that I can look at a purchase history. I want to know if I can view a download history. For example: I "purchased" the Find My iPhone app when it first came out years ago. It will show up in my purchase history when I purchased it. I want to know if there is a way for me to tell when it was re-downloaded on another device. It would not show up in purchase history for that device because I wasn't "purchasing" it, I was just re-downloading it.

Nov 27, 2015 12:57 PM in response to clearagony

clearagony wrote:

I appreciate you taking the time to reply but you didn't answer the question. I know that I can look at a purchase history. I want to know if I can view a download history. For example: I "purchased" the Find My iPhone app when it first came out years ago. It will show up in my purchase history when I purchased it. I want to know if there is a way for me to tell when it was re-downloaded on another device. It would not show up in purchase history for that device because I wasn't "purchasing" it, I was just re-downloading it.

Clear,

Well, as a user you definitely can't view that download history. It is possible that each download activity is recorded somewhere with the date, time, and device ID, and it is conceivable that such information could be obtained under subpoena. I do not know for sure, just mentioning it since you alluded to legal activity on this dispute.

Is there a record of WHEN I downloaded an app I ALREADY own?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.