Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s with passcode&screen broken - need to access non backed up data

The screen of my already cracked phone fell and cracked again so bad that a piece in the upper right corner fell off. Next day on my way to fix it, something in my bag pressured against it and half of the screen under the missing piece stopped functioning. Now I can't enter my passcode, and because some stupid updates my phone hasn't automatically updated for a while.

So my question is as follows: is there a way for me to access data in said Iphone despite not being able to enter the passcode restricting access to said phone?

I repeat once more, no backup exists, I need to access (specifically) the Notes app.

Is there any way?

Frida

PS. I have searched high and low for an answer that not seems to exist, please someone give me some hope.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 9:41 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 9:24 AM in response to Frixou

Hello there, Frixou.

It seems you are unable to enter your passcode on your iPhone 5s due to a damaged screen and you want make a backup without being able to enter the passcode on your device. Being that there is no backup of this device, the following article addresses the only way to re-gain access to your iPhone:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Erase your device with recovery mode

If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    User uploaded file
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

User uploaded file

Get more help

If you can’t force restart or use recovery mode because of broken buttons, contact Apple Support.

Since this option erases your device, the only option to be able to access the phone's content is a functioning screen.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Iphone 5s with passcode&screen broken - need to access non backed up data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.