Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view shared album without turning on sharing yourself?

Hello,

My mom got an email invitation to view some shared album on iCloud. The email says "You are invited to view these shared photos" etc etc. "Other subscribers will see your email address when you join." Now she does have an iPad, iTunes on her Windows 8 PC, some Apple account, and probably iCloud too by default, although I don't think she put any photos on line or anything. After clicking on the subscribe link, it says you have to turn on some kind of sharing and etc.

My question is simply if there is a way to view these photos without doing all this subscribing and giving out your email address to others, turning on your own sharing, etc.

Just view the photos, sheesh.

Thanks for the help.

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 11:29 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 10:33 AM in response to beanbag

Hey beanbag,
Yes, their is an option to view photos without having to join with her having to join with her Apple ID (email address).
If the person that is creating the shared album, they have an option to create a public website to go along with it. That option is available so that people that do not have a Mac or an iOS device, can view those picture. Take a look at the article below. It goes into the steps on creating a shared album and the specific step on creating the public website including sharing the weblink.
iCloud: Create a shared album
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12068

To let people view your shared album on the web, tap the album in the Shared Albums list, tap People, then turn on Public Website. To send the shared album’s web address to friends, tap Share Link.

Take it easy

How to view shared album without turning on sharing yourself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.