Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My vintage 3G iPhone malfunction

i have a 3G iPhone that I tried to update when the iPhone 5 first hit the shelves. I think it got fried. So I upgraded to the iPhone 5 without any hesitation. Is there any way to retrieve the videos and photos on my vintage device? Better yet, how can I get the thing to work again?

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 8:51 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 8:46 AM in response to muddy_thong

Hi muddy_thong,

I'm sorry to hear you were having those issues with your previous iPhone. I'm a bit unclear on what exactly you mean when you say it "got fried", so it's hard to say if the data may be recoverable. If you have a backup of your previous data, you should be able to transfer it to a different iPhone as outlined in this article:

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device - Apple Support

Note: If you have been using your new iPhone (which, based on the dates mentions, you most likely have), be aware that this would overwrite anything currently on your iPhone with your old data

Otherwise, if your older iPhone isn't responding, you may find this article more useful:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support

Regards

My vintage 3G iPhone malfunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.