Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my I phone will not turn on please help ... I have tried everything i could think of

My I phone 5s will not turn on or charge the screen is completely black it died and will not turn back on. I tried to restart it (pressing home and power), got multiple new chargers, got my battery fixed twice, and don't know what else to do.

I am a student and don't have enough money to buy a new phone

please help and/or suggest some possible and inexpensive solutions

thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 8:03 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 7:48 AM in response to jjjjbya

Hello there, jjjjbya.

It sounds like you have taken some great steps to troubleshoot your iPhone not powering on. The following Knowledge Base article may offer some additional steps to review:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn‘t respond or won‘t turn on

If your screen is black or frozen

First, try to force your device to restart.

• Forcing your device to restart won't erase the content currently on your device.
  • You can force your device to restart even if your screen is black or your buttons aren't responding.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

If your device still won't turn on or start up

Plug in your device and let it charge for up to 1 hour.

User uploaded file

After a few minutes, you should see the charging screen.

User uploaded file

If you don't see the charging screen within an hour, or you see the connect to power screen, check your connector, USB cable, and power adapter. Make sure that everything is plugged in firmly, free of debris, and not damaged. You might want to try a different USB cable or power adapter.

If your device still won't turn on, see what to do next.

{...}

What to do next

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, or following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond to when you tap, slide, or try other gestures.
  • You can't force your device to restart because your Home button or Sleep/Wake button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

my I phone will not turn on please help ... I have tried everything i could think of

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.